4-67 Armor

 

BANDITS

Copy (5) of Bandit.jpg (37808 bytes)

 

Ray Barracks, Friedberg, Germany

Served with the 3 Armored Division from June 1986 until May 1991.  

16 June, 1986 the 4th Battalion 67th Armor was activated in the 3rd Brigade, 3rd Armored. 4 Battalion 67th Armor continued serving with the 3rd Armored Division through Desert Storm. In May of 1991 while still on duty in Kuwait the Battalion became part of the 1st Brigade,  3rd Armored to serve as a deterrent to further aggression.  Upon return to FRG the 4 Battalion 67th Armor was assigned to the 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division.  On 21 February 1997 the 4 Battalion 67th Armor was deactivated & became the 1st Battalion 37th Armor, 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division and continues to serve as the Bandit’s today!!

 

If you served during this time with the Bandits & would like to share any information or pictures. Please contact me.

   

4th Battalion, 67th Armor HISTORY

Organized in May 1918 as Companies B and C, 303d Battalion, Tank Corps, at Camp Colt, Pennsylvania

Consolidated and redesignated 22 June 1921 as Company C, 17th Tank Battalion

Redesignated 1 September 1929 as Company D, 2d Tank Regiment

Inactivated 15 September 1931 at Fort George G. Meade, Maryland

Redesignated 31 October 1932 as Company D, 67th Infantry (Medium Tanks)

Activated 1 October 1939 at Fort Benning, Georgia

Reorganized and redesignated 15 July 1940 as Company D, 67th Armored Regiment, an element of the 2d Armored Division

Transferred 30 June 1944 from 2d Battalion, 67th Armored Regiment, to 1st Battalion, 67th Armored Regiment

Reorganized and redesignated 25 March 1946 as Company D, 67th Tank Battalion, and element of the 2d Armored Division

Redesignated 11 October 1948 as Company D, 67th Medium Tank Battalion

Redesignated 1 April 1953 as Company D, 67th Tank Battalion

Inactivated 1 July 1957 in Germany and relieved from assignment to 2d Armored Division

Redesignated 20 March 1959 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 4th Medium Tank Battalion, 67th Armor; concurrently, withdrawn from the Regular Army, allotted to the Army Reserve, and assigned to Second United States Army.

Activated 17 April 1959 with Headquarters at Wheeling, West Virginia (organic elements constituted 30 March 1959 and activated 17 April 1959)

Reorganized and redesignated 24 April 1964 as 4th Battalion, 67th Armor.

Relieved 1 January 1966 from assignment to Second United States Army and assigned to First United States Army

Inactivated; concurrently withdrawn from Army Reserve and allotted to the Regular Army

Assigned 16 June 1986 in Germany and assigned to the 3d Armored Division using personnel and equipment from the 1st Battalion, 32d Armor

Relieved 16 October 1991 from assignment to 3d Armored Division; concurrently assigned to 1st Armored Division

Inactivated 16 February 1997 in Germany and relieved from assignment to the 1st Armored Division with all personnel and equipment being transferred to the 1st Battalion, 37th Armor

 

 

 

For more detailed information on 4th Battalion’s participation in Operation Desert Storm, see the “3d Brigade in Desert Storm” part of this website.

  1. No comments yet.

You must be logged in to post a comment.